Recipe by Hollyism
This is my mom's apple cake recipe... it's really moist and rich and I can't stay away from it when she bakes it! It freezes really well and can be baked in any kind of pan as long as you adjust the baking time. I like it with just the raisins but you can add nuts and/or chocolate chips if you like.
- 4 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted then measured
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the eggs well and pour over the diced apples.
- Sift together into a large bowl the sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add the vegetable oil to the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Stir in the apple and egg mixture. Add nuts, raisins, and chocolate chips. Batter will be thick. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a well-greased 9 x 13-inch pan, bundt pan, or tube pan. Bake for 1 hour.