Recipe by Gidget265
Got this from my mom in 1988 and have been making it since. It is an often requested recipe. No idea where mom got it - maybe the newspaper? It is similar to those out on the website, but doesn't match perfectly and we are pretty happy with this recipe - so maybe others will be too?
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup apple (peeled and diced)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix sugars, butter, eggs, vanilla, apples and nuts thoroughly. (I use my stand mixer.) If the butter and eggs are at room temperature, it goes very quickly and easily.
- Stir in the flour mixture until combined.
- Pour / Spread batter into a 9X13 GREASED pan.
- Combine last 1/4 C sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon and then sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Share with friends and family!