Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Got this from my mom in 1988 and have been making it since. It is an often requested recipe. No idea where mom got it - maybe the newspaper? It is similar to those out on the website, but doesn't match perfectly and we are pretty happy with this recipe - so maybe others will be too?
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup apple (peeled and diced)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix sugars, butter, eggs, vanilla, apples and nuts thoroughly. (I use my stand mixer.) If the butter and eggs are at room temperature, it goes very quickly and easily.
- Stir in the flour mixture until combined.
- Pour / Spread batter into a 9X13 GREASED pan.
- Combine last 1/4 C sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon and then sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Share with friends and family!