1 hr 5 mins
Got this from my mom in 1988 and have been making it since. It is an often requested recipe. No idea where mom got it - maybe the newspaper? It is similar to those out on the website, but doesn't match perfectly and we are pretty happy with this recipe - so maybe others will be too?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- 2Mix sugars, butter, eggs, vanilla, apples and nuts thoroughly. (I use my stand mixer.) If the butter and eggs are at room temperature, it goes very quickly and easily.
- 3Stir in the flour mixture until combined.
- 4Pour / Spread batter into a 9X13 GREASED pan.
- 5Combine last 1/4 C sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon and then sprinkle on top of batter.
- 6Bake at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes.
- 7Share with friends and family!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Apple Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.8
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 349.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 31.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g