1/1 Photo of Mom's Amish Sugar Cookies
the Jilb's Note:
My mom makes these cookies when I am home to visit. They are seriously the best thing ever! The trick to the recipe is the almond flavoring. It's very unique. These are not your ordinary sugar cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and spray cookie sheets with a non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Mix shortening, sugar, and egg in a large bowl until well blended; add the flour and mix well.
- 3Then add the baking soda, cream of tartar, vanilla, and almond flavoring; mix well.
- 4Roll cookie dough in colored sugar and than form into a ball.
- 5Put the balls on a cookie sheet and flatten out just a little bit.
- 6Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
- 7Let them sit for a minute on the cookie sheet once done and then transfer them to a cookie rack.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Amish Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.5
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 59.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g