Recipe by Boca Pat
First off, let me say....it's bland. That's the way they cooked way back when!!!! Or maybe my mom did cause my dad was a meat & potato man, nothing spicy for him. I spice our's up by adding stuff!! I'm just giving you her recipe for some real comfort food. Four of us kids(oldest being 71 and youngest being 55) still make this. You have to add what you like to it. I can't change her recipe. Too many memories go along with this recipe.
Top Review by kittycatmom
Very easy to make, and a good base recipe. As is would be very bland. I added a few more things to our tastes. 1 can mushroom pieces and stems drained, 1 clove crushed garlic, 1 14.5oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes with basil and garlic. Made for Election Eats 2008
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 1 lb ground round
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans water
- salt and pepper
- sharp cheddar cheese, cut in chunks sprinkled on top (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water to cook spaghetti; then cook al dente and drain Brown meat, onion& green pepper; drain.
- Put spaghetti back into pot.
- To spaghetti pot, add drained chop meat mixture, 2 cans of tomato soup, 2 soup cans water, salt& pepper. Cook on medium until heated through stirring so it doesn't stick.
- This is how mom did it.
- I add alittle cayenne, but that's about it.
- I don't want to change it too much.
- I like the old fashioned memories.
- Kids like this meal.