Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
First off, let me say....it's bland. That's the way they cooked way back when!!!! Or maybe my mom did cause my dad was a meat & potato man, nothing spicy for him. I spice our's up by adding stuff!! I'm just giving you her recipe for some real comfort food. Four of us kids(oldest being 71 and youngest being 55) still make this. You have to add what you like to it. I can't change her recipe. Too many memories go along with this recipe.
- Heat water to cook spaghetti; then cook al dente and drain Brown meat, onion& green pepper; drain.
- Put spaghetti back into pot.
- To spaghetti pot, add drained chop meat mixture, 2 cans of tomato soup, 2 soup cans water, salt& pepper. Cook on medium until heated through stirring so it doesn't stick.
- This is how mom did it.
- I add alittle cayenne, but that's about it.
- I don't want to change it too much.
- I like the old fashioned memories.
- Kids like this meal.
Very easy to make, and a good base recipe. As is would be very bland. I added a few more things to our tastes. 1 can mushroom pieces and stems drained, 1 clove crushed garlic, 1 14.5oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes with basil and garlic. Made for Election Eats 2008
This recipe was easy to make, but I must say it was way too bland. I didn't add all the water as stated in the recipe because it was too thin after just one cup. I added a little tomato paste to try to thicken it up a bit. It wasn't horrible, just needed a kick.
It sounds like my childhood, dad had a ulcer, nothing spicy, haven't had in 50 years made it had to put garlic and it seasoning, enjoyed thanks