Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are the cookies my mom used to make and I haven't found a better recipe anywhere! I also like to mix in white chocolate chips or the Nestle swirled chips. Just make sure to put some of the swirled chips on top of each ball right before you cook them.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg. Beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball.
- Place each ball 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place cookies on a cooling rack.