Allison Hurst's Note:
These are the cookies my mom used to make and I haven't found a better recipe anywhere! I also like to mix in white chocolate chips or the Nestle swirled chips. Just make sure to put some of the swirled chips on top of each ball right before you cook them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a small mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 5Add vanilla and egg. Beat well.
- 6Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- 7Add chocolate chips. Mix well.
- 8Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball.
- 9Place each ball 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 10Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven and place cookies on a cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Ambrosia Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 97.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g