Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
from The Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 dash allspice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Beat butter and sugars until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in bananas and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet, until well blended.
- Fold the nuts and sour cream into batter until just blended. Do not over-mix.
- Butter a cast iron skillet. Pour batter into skillet-bake in oven until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean-45 minutes to an hour.
I added chocolate chips and baked this in a bundt pan. I took it to work and everybody loved it. It had great flavor and consistency.
Great tasting banana bread! Delicious and moist. I made it in a bundt pan rather than a cast iron skillet and it worked out perfectly. I didn't have any cardamon so I added extra cinnamon and I used walnut for the nuts. Lovely, thanks for posting.