Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This mac & cheese is anything but ordinary. With the addition of cream of mushroom soup and tomatoes, you'll love the variation. It keeps everyone on their toes, and going back for second helpings.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup canned chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- In saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in condensed soup, milk and cheese.
- Heat through until cheese melts, stirring often.
- Add macaroni and tomatoes.
- Pour into a baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Although I try hard not to make major changes to recipes that I'm gonna review, perhaps I did just that with this one! I substituted cream of celery soup for the mushroom kind AND then, for the last 10 minutes of oven time, I sprinkled 3 diced up mushrooms over the top, & I thought IT WAS JUST GREAT! Of course, then there was no mystery as to what gave the unusual flavor, but still . . . Anyway, this was yet another mac & cheese supper for a neighbor couple of mine that I cook for, & they think my cooking is wonderful, so . . . [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef]