Recipe by ctrmom
Everyone is always impressed with the pure deliciousness of this pie. It is beautiful sliced, with layers of apples, and has a wonderful bite. It puts mushy canned pie filling to shame. Of course a great crust is a must. Thanks Mom!
- 6 -8 good sized apples (Golden Delicious are best)
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (approximately)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and core apples. Slice thinly and layer in pastry-lined 9-inch pie pan dotting with butter and sprinkling with sugar as you layer. Top with a second sheet of pastry as for a double crust pie.
- Bake in preheated 450 degree oven 12 to 13 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 25 to 40 minutes longer, until apples are done and crust is golden brown. Let rest at least an hour before cutting.
- Note- Though Mom wouldn't, I sometimes like to brush the crust with milk and sprinkle it with sugar before baking. It looks so pretty.