Top Review by Katzen
Delicious! Just like your recipe #419620 - airy, delicious, and like no other WW bread I've ever had! I made half the recipe, which yielded one small loaf - perfect for a small family like ours. (Although, I have to admit, I liked the loaf size better on the other recipe, simply for visual reasons.) Although this wasn't a ABM recipe, considering that I halved it, it worked perfect in the bread machine. I did use the dough cycle, and rose and baked it in the oven, though. Brilliant recipe, SB! Thanks for posting! Made for PRMR Tag.
- 1 1⁄3-1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons shortening, lard or 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar (I prefer cider or unseasoned rice vinegar)
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons gluten
- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Place 2 1/4 teaspoons of yeast in the bottom of a one cup measure.
- Add whole wheat flour to fill the cup, and then measure another 4 cups of just whole wheat flour.
- Add ingredients to the bread machine in the order indicated for your model.
- Make dough only, using dough feature, adjusting the water or extra flour to give a smooth ball of dough when kneaded.
- Divide the dough in half, and form loaves in 2 8"x4" pans.
- Spray the surface of the dough with Pam, and let rise in a draft-free place until doubled in size, approximately one hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for approx 20 to 30 minutes, till loaves are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.