1/6 Photos of Mom's 100% Whole Wheat Air Buns (Rolls) for Abm
3 hrs 20 mins
Sweet Baboo's Note:
I find most 100% whole wheat buns are very dense, and let's be frank, taste like the floor of a barn. This recipe is an adaptation of my "Mom's Air Buns" #168628, and makes delicious, soft, healthy,and easy to make rolls. I think the unusual addition of vinegar is what makes the difference. Edited to include links to Mom's 100% Whole Wheat Air Loaf in Abm, and Mom's 100% Whole Wheat Air Loaves for those of you who wish to make whole wheat loaves instead of buns...same great taste and texture! For those unfamiliar with how to shape rolls, you may find it helpful to look at the following links for instructions: http://www.recipetips.com/kitchen-tips/t--1121/shaping-rolls.asp http://www.finecooking.com/articles/shaping-dinner-rolls.aspx
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put water, butter, honey, salt and vinegar in the machine.
- 2In the bottom of a one cup measure, put 2 tablespoons of gluten, and then fill the cup with W.W. flour.
- 3Put that, and another 3 1/2 cups of flour on top of the liquids.
- 4Add yeast to surface, and programme for "dough" cycle.
- 5I make two 9 inch pans of rolls, each with 9 rolls per pan, and let rise until double (the rolls will fill the pans).
- 6Bake at 350°F (I use convection bake) for approximately 20 minutes. Rolls will be deeply golden and oh so yummy.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's 100% Whole Wheat Air Buns (Rolls) for Abm
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 130.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: