1/1 Photo of Momosita's Shepherd's Pie
I'm dying to make this again next week! This is adapted from a recipe on allrecipes.com. It's my favorite recipe because it has a lot of veggies and a unique twist with the carrot layer below the potatoes. If you are throwing calorie counts to the wind, make this truly decadent and bake it in a butter pie crust (Trader Joe's is phenomenal!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. (If making mashed potatoes, boil the carrots with the potatoes).
- 3Brown ground beef with onions and garlic while carrots are cooking.
- 4When carrots are finished, drain, mash and set aside.
- 5Add flour to ground beef mixture and mix well.
- 6Add ketchup, wocestershire, stock, and cook to thicken. Taste and add seasoned salt to desired taste.
- 7Add mixed veggies and simmer until warmed through.
- 8Pour into a 2 quart casserole or deep glass pie dish and top with a layer of mashed carrots, then the mashed potatoes.
- 9Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Momosita's Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.6
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 887.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 29.1 g