Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are amazing yummy and healthy muffins! This recipe is adapted from Southern Foods at About.com. They're perfectly moist, perfect levels of pumpkin and spice and sweet and savory. My one year old LOVES these! Update: I've used this recipe to make 2 dozen mini-muffins and 10 regular muffins as well.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl combine flours, flax seed, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir to blend In separate bowl, combine pumpkin, melted butter, milk or half-and-half, the beaten eggs, sugars, and vanilla; mix until blended.
- Stir pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients until moistened. Do not overmix.
- Line 12-cup muffin tin (for Big muffins) or a 16-cup tin (for regular muffins) with paper liners or grease well and dust with flour, or use a baking spray.
- Fill about 3/4-full with the pumpkin muffins batter, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired, and bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set on a baking rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Very good, very easy! We made half a batch and covered some with cream cheese icing for a great treat. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)