These are great sour cream-based enchiladas. Perfect for those sensitive to onions like my DH. The addition of the verde sauce means these have more flavor than traditional sour cream enchiladas. We use flour tortillas, but you can certainly use corn, just heat in oil to soften. Comfort food at its best!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained well
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 10 flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup mexican cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (I use La Preferida)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix cooked chicken with chili powder. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add chicken, seasoned salt and oregano. Heat through to meld spices.
- Add drained tomatoes, sour cream and cream of chicken soup, mixing to incorporate.
- Grease or spray a casserole pan.
- Put a couple of large spoonfuls of the chicken mixture on a tortilla, roll and place seam side down in casserole pan. Continue with other tortillas.
- Pour can of verde sauce evenly over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until sauce bubbles at sides.
Wonderful enchiladas. Followed everything as written, and was quite pleased with the results. I absolutely love sour cream green chile cheese enchiladas and have not had any in ages. This will definitely be made again. Thnx for sharing your recipe, lolablitz. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0