1/1 Photo of Momosita's Green Dream Enchiladas
These are great sour cream-based enchiladas. Perfect for those sensitive to onions like my DH. The addition of the verde sauce means these have more flavor than traditional sour cream enchiladas. We use flour tortillas, but you can certainly use corn, just heat in oil to soften. Comfort food at its best!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained well
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 10 flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup mexican cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (I use La Preferida)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Mix cooked chicken with chili powder. Set aside.
- 3Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add chicken, seasoned salt and oregano. Heat through to meld spices.
- 4Add drained tomatoes, sour cream and cream of chicken soup, mixing to incorporate.
- 5Grease or spray a casserole pan.
- 6Put a couple of large spoonfuls of the chicken mixture on a tortilla, roll and place seam side down in casserole pan. Continue with other tortillas.
- 7Pour can of verde sauce evenly over enchiladas.
- 8Sprinkle cheese on top.
- 9Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until sauce bubbles at sides.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Momosita's Green Dream Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.1
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.7 mg
- Sodium 1412.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: