1/1 Photo of Momosita's Best Ever Chicken Marsala
This is a serious marsala! Amazing! We are lovers of all things made with marsala wine and have been searching for the best chicken marsala recipe and this is it! Originally adapted from Emeril Lagasse's five star recipe, this recipe makes a wonderfully rich and smooth sauce. Serve over pasta or garlic mashed potatoes. Bon Appetit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon beau monde seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cups marsala
- 1/4 cup cream sherry
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- 1Pound breasts thin between saran wrap using a meat mallet (or hammer.).
- 2In a shallow bowl or plate combine the flour and spices.
- 3Dredge the chicken breasts, shaking to remove any excess.
- 4Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- 5Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- 6Add 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter to the pan and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are golden brown around the edges and have given off their liquid.
- 7Add the Marsala wine and cream sherry and bring to a boil, scraping to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 8While the wine reduces, mix the half and half and corn starch to make a slurry.
- 9When the wine has reduced by half, lower the heat to medium, add the chicken stock and slurry, and return the chicken breasts to the pan.
- 10Cook until the breasts are cooked through and the sauce has thickened (about 5 minutes).
- 11Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Momosita's Best Ever Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (663 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.9
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 98.1 mg
- Sodium 303.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beau monde seasoning