1/4 Photos of Momosita's Amazing Ground Turkey/Chicken Meatloaf (With Hidden V
1 hr 10 mins
This is a Awesome (!) meatloaf that I've adapted from a turkey meatloaf recipe from allrecipes.com. The original recipe calls for 2# of ground turkey, but this recipe is better with 1# of ground chicken and the added shredded veggies. You can use ground turkey, but I personally prefer the milder taste of ground chicken. This meatloaf tastes amazing and is a great way to incorporate more colorful veggies into your menu (or to hide them for picky little ones). Bon apetit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (use panko, regular breadcrumbs will make the loaf mushier)
- 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb turkey
- 1 carrot, grated (approx 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 zucchini, grated (approx. 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese (or other cheese with a stronger flavor)
- 2 tablespoons salt-free Italian herb seasoning (I used Paul Prudhomme's Pasta Magic, but it has heat, so avoid if making for kids)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ketchup, to drizzle on top
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place milk and breadcrumbs in a bowl and let soak while mixing the rest of the ingredients.
- 3Pat and squeeze the shredded zucchini and carrots between paper towels to soak up extra moisture.
- 4Place ground turkey, carrot, zucchini, onion, eggs and cheese in a large bowl and mix by hand.
- 5Once the breadcrumbs have soaked up all of the milk, mix in the 2 Tbs of Italian seasoning and add to the turkey mixture.
- 6Stir in the seasoned salt, pepper, and worcestershire.
- 7Place mix in a greased loaf baking pan and drizzle the ketchup on top.
- 8Bake at 400 degrees for 55minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. Remove from the oven, cover tightly with tin foil and let sit for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Momosita's Amazing Ground Turkey/Chicken Meatloaf (With Hidden V
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.0
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 171.4 mg
- Sodium 636.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 41.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt-free Italian herb seasoning