Recipe by momo st-amand
These fall off the bone ribs are always a favorite. Very easy to prepare.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
I took a full rack of pork spareribs and cut them into 2-bone sections. I followed the recipe as written using sugar-free marmalade, Splenda brown sugar substitute and Bull's Eye hickory barbeque sauce. This is one of those rare undiscovered recipes that make me glad that I am a member of Food.com. These ribs were juicy, fall-off-the-bone tender and super flavorful. The leftovers even reheat well. I will be using this recipe often in the future. Thanks for posting this gem, momo st-amand. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
- 1 1⁄2 cups marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (preferably Bull's Eye bold or hickory)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 lbs ribs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix all of the ingredients except the water and ribs.
- Reserve 1 cup of the sauce and refrigerate.
- Mix in the water to the rest of the sauce.
- Place ribs in crock pot and cover with sauce.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- When done cooking preheat oven on broil.
- Place ribs on foil lined cooking sheet.
- Baste with the reserve sauce and put in the oven for 10-15 minutes until just a bit crispy. Make sure you have a lot of paper towels. Enjoy.