Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my mother and grandmother's recipe and one of my comfort dinners.
Make and share this Mommy's Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 chopped fresh onions or 2 tablespoons chopped dried onion
- 4 -5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can carrots
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 (64 ounce) tomato juice
- salt and pepper
- May need 2 large cooking pots.
- Brown meat and drain then set aside.
- Mix tomato sauce with tomato juice.
- Cook potatoes in tomato juice until tender.
- Add onions.
- Add cans of vegetables with their juices (may need 2nd pot now).
- Add hamburger meat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- serve over cornbread.
Made as posted except I used cannellini beans in place of lima beans. Delicious and warming soup. Thanks for sharing your heritage recipe Ashley. Made for PAC Spring 2011 ~ORPHANAGE~