I make this to share around the table so that each person doesnt have to wait fro me to cook their omlette individually. The base recipe is for 2 people. You can double for 3, triple for 6. I use JUMBO eggs
- Beat eggs with water and add pepper to mix.
- Spray Large Omlette Pan with non-stick spray while cold.
- Melt butter in large omlette pan over medium heat-be careful not to burn the butter.
- Pour egg mix into pan and swirl around to cover-lower heat to low.
- keep swirling pan so that egg evenly cooks over the low heat- be careful not to overcook or brown the bottum too much.
- when eggs are almost cooked through ( top is still soft) sprinkle cheese over the top.
- put lid onto pan and turn off heat - let this sit for about 1-2 minutes until cheese melts and eggs puff up.
- Sprinkle salt lightly on top.
- Fold omlette over and cut in half.
- serve over a hot bagel ( open face).
I just loved this for breakfast this morning, I used 2 medium eggs and Jalsberg cheese and followed through with recipe but served with wholemeal/wholegrain toasted bread (sorry bagels are no no for me - though you can't get them anyway in my part of Australia) but next time I will only have 1 slice of toast as I was really battling to get through with 2. Thank you petlover, made for Aussie/Kiwi recipe swap #48 January 2011.
This was such a yummy breakfast! I sometimes can be scared off when it comes to making omlettes because I somehow build them up in my head to be more difficult to do then they have to be . This recipe is an example of how it can actually be very easy to make a really tasty omlette. I used reduced fat swiss cheese and that worked really well with the eggs. I used onion and poppy seed bagels and sprinkled my omelettes with a bit of dried parsley for presentation and they were really good that way. Made for PAC Spring 2008.
I love swiss cheese but never thought of using it with eggs. What a GREAT combination. You can't go wrong with this simple and very tasty breakfast. I loved biting into the egg and getting that lovely ooey-gooey melted swiss. Thanks for sharing this winner, petlover.