Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
"This is a great hot sandwich that is easy to prepare, and can be frozen to enjoy later! My mom concocted this recipe when I was little, and it goes great with French fries or even potato chips! It can be a little messy, so you may need a fork!"
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef with the onion, green pepper, and mushrooms. Drain off excess grease. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in the cream of mushroom soup. Mix in the Cheddar cheese until blended, then remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Scoop out the centers of the Kaiser rolls on both the top and bottom. Spoon the ground beef mixture into the rolls. Wrap each one in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the rolls are toasted.
Very quick to make. It is a little messy to eat! Next time I will serve it on toasted buns like a sloppy joe
Thank you Sweet Southern Bell!. Great finding this and having all the ingredients on hand. Did sub. Taco cheese for the cheddar. We all enjoyed it.