Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mommy used to make this for me when I was a kid, and it was by far my fave!!!! Perfect for fall and winter, and anything with hot dogs is sure to be a hit with the kids!! Veggie dogs can also be used with results the same as regular hot dogs. Enjoy!!!
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups diced potatoes (raw)
- 5 -6 sliced hot dogs (or more if you prefer, like me!)
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 cup shredded Velveeta cheese (regular cheddar can be used, but it comes out much better with the Velveeta)
- Saute celery and onion in butter in pot.
- Blend in flour.
- Gradually add milk; stir constantly until thickened.
- Add carrots, potatoes, hot dogs and corn.
- Cook over medium-low heat until potatoes are done.
- Add mustard and Velveeta.
- Heat, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- Servce and enjoy!
This actually turned out very good! Thanks. :)
Hubby and I just LOVED this casserole and what a great way to get rid of all those left over hot dogs from a picnic!! I used frozen potatoes since I had them and didn't feel like cutting fresh ones and it was delicious! I think next time I make it, I will use a bit more mustard as I used canned corn and it turned out a bit on the sweet side. Thanks for a wonderful recipe! This will go into our favorites!
We loved this! What a great blend of flavors, the kids and adults alike were scraping the pot to get every bit out - I'll be making a double batch next time! Only thing I changed was adding a little of my salt/pepper/garlic powder blend. Thanks to your mommy for a great recipe!