Recipe by smurfybear27
My mommy used to make this for me when I was a kid, and it was by far my fave!!!! Perfect for fall and winter, and anything with hot dogs is sure to be a hit with the kids!! Veggie dogs can also be used with results the same as regular hot dogs. Enjoy!!!
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups diced potatoes (raw)
- 5 -6 sliced hot dogs (or more if you prefer, like me!)
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 cup shredded Velveeta cheese (regular cheddar can be used, but it comes out much better with the Velveeta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute celery and onion in butter in pot.
- Blend in flour.
- Gradually add milk; stir constantly until thickened.
- Add carrots, potatoes, hot dogs and corn.
- Cook over medium-low heat until potatoes are done.
- Add mustard and Velveeta.
- Heat, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- Servce and enjoy!