Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My DH made this salad rather frequently during my pregnancy as I was craving it! Many of our friends got really used to having this served for dinners during that time! ;) Toss with your favorite vinaigrette dressing and serve with a nice crusty baguette and a lovely red wine!!! (Post baby, of course) :)
- 4 (8 ounce) steaks, filet mignon is my favorite
- 1 (5 ounce) bag spring greens (baby spring mix if available)
- 1 (5 ounce) bag Baby Spinach (or one to two 5.5oz bags Fresh Express brand 50/50 Mix is what we like, depending on amount needed)
- 1 quart grape tomatoes
- 1 quart broccosprouts, to taste
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 onion (walla walla or vidalia)
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 cucumber, sliced and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, chopped (cut into desired size)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow squash, chopped (cut into desired size)
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
SUGGESTED STEAK SEASONINGS
- McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning, to taste (optional)
- olive oil, to taste (optional)
- garlic powder, to taste (optional)
- rudy's barbecue sauce, to taste (optional)
- Coat the steaks in a blend of oil and seasonings such as Montreal steak seasoning and garlic powder.
- Grill to desired doneness.
- Apply a brushing of bbq sauce, if desired before allowing meat to "rest" for 5 minutes prior to slicing. ( Rudy's BBQ sauce is a nice one if you aren't sprucing one up or making your own).
- Depending on the number of servings desired, mix all prepared veggies in a LARGE bowl.
- Mix in sliced steak and blue cheese crumbles.
- At this point you can either dress the entire salad with a nice vinaigrette and toss lightly before serving, or allow each guest to select their own dressing. (a vinaigrette compliments the flavors best).
- Serve with a nice baguette, crescent roll, and your favorite red wine.
- ENJOY (hopefully outside somewhere nice!) :).
Loved this! Switched up the veggies a bit. Used arugula for the lettuce and added green beans, kalamata olives, and potatoes (of all things). Sounds odd, but it really worked with these flavors, and becomes a one dish meal. This is a definite favorite!
I LOVED LOVED LOVED this! So COLORFUL and full of veggies! I made it as directed but used red and yellow bell pepper. I seasoned my meat with onion salt, creole seasoning and black pepper. We enjoyed it with vinigrette. This was great to eat on the South Beach diet, a full meal. Thanks for this KEEPER recipe!