1/1 Photo of Mommy's Cravin' Steak! Salad
Mommy Diva's Note:
My DH made this salad rather frequently during my pregnancy as I was craving it! Many of our friends got really used to having this served for dinners during that time! ;) Toss with your favorite vinaigrette dressing and serve with a nice crusty baguette and a lovely red wine!!! (Post baby, of course) :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (8 ounce) steaks, filet mignon is my favorite
- 1 (5 ounce) bag spring greens (baby spring mix if available)
- 1 (5 ounce) bag Baby Spinach (or one to two 5.5oz bags Fresh Express brand 50/50 Mix is what we like, depending on amount needed)
- 1 quart grape tomatoes
- 1 quart broccosprouts, to taste
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion (walla walla or vidalia)
- 1/2 cup broccoli floret
- 1/2 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 cucumber, sliced and peeled
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped (cut into desired size)
- 1/2 cup yellow squash, chopped (cut into desired size)
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
SUGGESTED STEAK SEASONINGS
- 1Coat the steaks in a blend of oil and seasonings such as Montreal steak seasoning and garlic powder.
- 2Grill to desired doneness.
- 3Apply a brushing of bbq sauce, if desired before allowing meat to "rest" for 5 minutes prior to slicing. ( Rudy's BBQ sauce is a nice one if you aren't sprucing one up or making your own).
- 4Depending on the number of servings desired, mix all prepared veggies in a LARGE bowl.
- 5Mix in sliced steak and blue cheese crumbles.
- 6At this point you can either dress the entire salad with a nice vinaigrette and toss lightly before serving, or allow each guest to select their own dressing. (a vinaigrette compliments the flavors best).
- 7Serve with a nice baguette, crescent roll, and your favorite red wine.
- 8ENJOY (hopefully outside somewhere nice!) :).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mommy's Cravin' Steak! Salad
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 921.3
- Calories from Fat 603
- Total Fat 67.0 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 179.2 mg
- Sodium 678.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 62.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: