Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you're looking to use some left over mashed potatoes this is the recipe! Another one of Mommom's wonderful dishes to share with everyone. Everyone is sure to love this and it is such a nice twist on the traditional mashed potato.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (hot or cold)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 3 1⁄2 ounces French-fried onions
- Put the potatoes into the large bowl of your electric mixer.
- Add the cream cheese, chopped onions, eggs, and flour.
- Beat at medium speed until the ingredients are blended, then beat at high speed until the light and fluffy.
- Taste; add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Spoon into a greased 9-inch-square baking dish.
- Distribute the canned onions evenly over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 300 degree oven for about 35 minutes.
Made half the recipe and loved the added onions on the top. Made for PAC Spring 2010.