Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is my variation of MomMom's meatloaf.
- 1360.77 g ground turkey
- 1 small onion, grated
- 340.19 g bag bread, soft cubed
- 14.79 ml instant minced onion
- 59.16 ml butter, melted
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Add cubed bread to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter over low heat and add minced onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Drizzle melted butter mixture over cubed bread and stir to coat/combine.
- Crumble ground turkey into a separate bowl and grate onion over the meat. Stir or 'smush' into the turkey.
- Place a large sheet of wax paper on counter or tabletop. Dump meat mixture onto wax paper and flatten into a large rectangle (about 1/2 inch thickness).
- Run a line of cubed/herbed bread down the center of the meat length-wise. Spread out and press down slightly to within 1 inch of the edges.
- Starting with a short end, roll tightly sealing the seams and ends as you go. Seal completely and shape into a large loaf shape.
- Place seam side down in a oiled/sprayed 9"x12" baking pan.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the center temperature reaches 180 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Cool, in the pan, on a wire rack for 10 minutes before slicing.