Recipe by Gingerbee
This recipe is traditionally on our Thanksgiving menu. In fact, an enhancing side to any meat or poultry meal. But what I like best, is the fact that this can be done wayyyyyyy ahead of time and frozen while you're busy with last minute touches. It's quick n' easy and good! Try it and let me know what you think :)
- 3 lbs white mushrooms (sliced thin)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 3 cloves fresh garlic (pressed)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and thin slice mushrooms; set aside.
- In a heavy fry pan on medium heat, melt butter and oil and saute garlic and onion for 2 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, parsley, salt& pepper.
- Cover and cook until the mushrooms have wilted down and released their liquid, approximately 10 minutes.
- Uncover to reduce liquid by 1/2 to intensify flavors.
- Add heavy cream and cook till slightly thickened.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- This can be prepared ahead of time and reheated without losing the freshness.
- This dish freezes well too.