Recipe by dojemi
"This simple cake works perfectly during the holidays, on a buffet table or in a picnic basket! And you won't believe the aroma that comes from your oven during baking! The alcohol bakes off and leaves just the flavor. It's a very moist cake."
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packagemoist white cake mix
- 1 (5 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour one 10 inch bundt pan.
- In medium bowl combine the cake mix, instant vanilla pudding, nutmeg, vegetable oil, white wine, and eggs.
- Beat with an electric mixer for 5 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool on rack in pan for 10 minutes then remove cake from pan to rack.
- Let cake cool completely before slicing.
- Garnish sliced cake with a dollop of whipped cream or dust with confectioners' sugar and sliced strawberries.
- Variation: You can also "flour" the pan after it's been greased with cocoa powder or a cinnamon sugar mixture for a textured crust. Simply fill a clean salt shaker for easy application.