Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was a staple growing up... this is easy, filling and downright yummy! We serve over rice, crackers or with a big hunk of cornbread. Super forgiving, we've been known to toss in cabbage, eggplant or whatever veggies are starting to look questionable in the drawer. It's all good. :)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen lima beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can potatoes, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen okra, cut up
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown and drain ground beef in skillet.
- Boil lima beans as directed on package in salted water until half done.
- Add okra, being careful not to break it up too much (slow boil).
- Add rest of ingredients and simmer on low until warm through.