Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe Candy's mother made a good deal while growing up. It's a "southern" dish, which basically means that all measurements are approximate. Serve over rice.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- chili powder, to taste
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Brown and drain hamburger and onion.
- In a pot, add hamburger, onion, and tomatoes.
- Put in some Worcestershire sauce (1 - 2 tsp), chili powder, salt and pepper to taste. I just keep adding stuff until it tastes good.
- Let Simmer 20 minutes or so.
- Note: It might take more tomatoes, so I'd buy an extra can, I never make a small batch of this stuff. We have it and freeze the leftovers for the next week. Serve over rice.
This is perfect for a weeknight meal! Simple, fast and tasty! Thanks Tom&Candy! :)
This is a keeper! I have to use Mrs. Dash, can't use salt,& slight Worchestershire sauce. I serve over orzo instead of rice.A little cumin is also nice. Thanks!