1/1 Photo of Momma's Texas Hash
This is a recipe Candy's mother made a good deal while growing up. It's a "southern" dish, which basically means that all measurements are approximate. Serve over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown and drain hamburger and onion.
- 2In a pot, add hamburger, onion, and tomatoes.
- 3Put in some Worcestershire sauce (1 - 2 tsp), chili powder, salt and pepper to taste. I just keep adding stuff until it tastes good.
- 4Let Simmer 20 minutes or so.
- 5Note: It might take more tomatoes, so I'd buy an extra can, I never make a small batch of this stuff. We have it and freeze the leftovers for the next week. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Momma's Texas Hash
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.8
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 239.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 24.2 g