Recipe by Charlotte J
I received a 10-pound bag of wonderful Vidalia onions this past weekend and here are five of the recipes that came with the sack. Use Jumbo Vidalias in this recipe not the large that it says. Computer does not know what jumbo is.
- 6 -7 large vidalia sweet onions
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 -3 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces Ritz crackers (crushed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice Vidalias into thin rings.
- Saute in margarine until tender.
- Place 1/2 of Vidalias into 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and crushed crackers.
- Repeat layers, ending with crumbs.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes.