Recipe by luvinmykids
I gave my pancakes a makeover and added a special ingredient: Sprite. Sounds unusual, but once you try it, you won't make pancakes the regular way any more.
Top Review by StacyMD187373
Enjoye this recipe! Had some extra Sprite Zero that needed to be used, so tried this. Made 3 batches and have them in the freezer as my 3 year old wants pancakes every morning. The whole family likes them! Next time, might try to sub in some whole wheat flour.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup Sprite (can use any type lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a lightly greased non-stick griddle to 300°.
- Beat eggs with a wire whisk and add milk, Sprite and oil. Whisk until frothy.
- Add flour and sugar and whisk until completely mixed. (There will be small lumps.).
- Pour by 1/3 cupfuls onto hot griddle and cook about 1 minute or until golden brown on underside. Flip and cook 45 seconds or until golden brown on other side.
- Serve with favorite toppings.