Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This delicious meal is a source of protein and is very good for those that may not have beef at hand or are just trying to get rid of last nights grilled chicken breast.
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 grilled chicken breasts, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 (15 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder, plus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Boil the egg noodles according to the package.
- Warm chopped chicken in a skillet, also adding the mushroon soup, and garlic powder.
- Simmer and allow to warm through.
- Remove mixture from heat, combine the chicken and soup mixture with the noodles.
- Add sour cream until completely dissolved in the mixture.Season with salt and pepper.
I have to be honest: this recipe was not one I would make again. My husband and I both were not very impressed with the flavour. The sauce was much too heavy and the flavour did not taste like stroganoff to us. It was a little too overwhelmingly sour cream. I followed the recipe to a T.
Tasty and extremely easy. The most time consuming part was grilling and cutting up the chicken, but using my George Foreman grill made that part easier than I thought it would be. One I'll make again for sure!
I made this last night for a few friends, it was very easy and tasted very good. Things I changed were, adding 6 large mushroom sliced thin, I used chicken tender cooking them on high heat with garlic powder and cracked pepper and using fresh garlic in with the soup instead of garlic powder. I also used low fat soup and sour cream which worked great and tasted wonderful. Thanks Momma