Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the way my mom makes shrimp. It is great served on a platter with cocktail sauce, or just peel them and eat them.
- 2267.96 g shrimp (do not peel)
- 236.59 ml vinegar
- 118.29 ml salt
- 29.58 ml dry mustard
- 29.58 ml celery seeds
- 14.79 ml red pepper
- enough cold water, to cover shrimp
- In a large pot place all ingredients.
- Add enough cold water to cover shrimp.
- Put lid on pot and boil 8-10 minutes.
- Pour shrimp and cooking liquid in a large glass container and chill.
We haven't had shrimp prepared like this before. It was a big hit at our Labor Day get together. Served it with Cocktail sauce Kittencal's Easy Shrimp Cocktail Sauce (Low-Fat). Thanks Yamma. Bullwinkle.