I went vegetarian on my birthday, and decided I needed to invent some yummy burgers that don't have veggie chunks or weird flavors in them. I also didn't want wheat gluten in them, so I came up with these, and my son even liked them! The measurements are approximate, and also, feel free to accessorize this recipe to your own tastes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup generous textured vegetable protein
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian chicken bouillon granules
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon white bean flour
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce (Use vegetarian version.)
- 1 dash soy sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1Mix TVP, chopped mushrooms, dried onion and buillon powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- 2Boil approximately 3 cups water, and pour over these ingredients, and let sit until soft.
- 3Drain thoroughly, and replace in bowl.
- 4Add remaining ingredients, adjusting as necessary so that the ingredients hold together to form patties.
- 5Heat oil in a large skillet.
- 6Form 4 patties, and place in the hot oil.
- 7Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until browned, then turn to brown the other side.
- 8Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Momma's Power Protein Veggie Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.1
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 72.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein
vegetarian chicken bouillon granules