Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom used to make this soup for us everytime we were sick and it worked wonders as well as tasted amazing. It's also extremely simple to make.
- 8 medium potatoes (any kind you prefer)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Peel and dice potatoes.
- In dutch oven, combine all ingredients.
- Cook on med heat until potatoes are soft, making sure to stir at regular intervals so as not to burn the milk.