Recipe by Marsha D.
My mother used to make the best potato salad. Anytime we had a family gathering everyone requested she make her potato salad. Unfortunately I lost my mother before I could get her original recipe, but from experience of knowing the ingredients she used this recipe is the closest I have came. It's the same but not my mothers touch, as everyone would know a mother's touch is always the best. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
- 6 -8 medium idaho potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon french's yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain potatoes.
- In a large bowl add potatoes, celery, onion, green pepper, hard boiled eggs, and sweet pickle relish.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Combine mayonnaise mixture to the potato salad and mix well.
- Sprinkle paprika over top of salad and chill for 1 hr before serving.
- Note: You may add more seasoning of each if needed and more mayonnaise if needed.
- It can also be served warm.