Recipe by BigFatMomma
A nice, sweet porridge with yummy flavor. Easy to make, and a good way to get the kids to eat their oatmeal.
- 1⁄4 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon demerara sugar or 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 butterscotch chips (yes, just 2 chips)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil oats, water, sugar and maple flavoring over medium heat until a thick porridge is formed, stirring occasionally.
- Right before the porridge is done, stir in the butterscotch chips, and melt them into the porridge.
- Serve immediately.
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled easily.