Recipe by teddybear22482
This is a recipe for my moms Peanut Butter Candy. She made it when I was kid and I will always love it!
- 1 (18 ounce) jar peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sugar (more or less as needed)
- 2 cups water
- 1 glass cold water (I add ice, then later remove the ice)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot bring water to a rolling boil.
- Add sugar and let dissolve. Keep boiling it!
- As the water continues to boil add more sugar until it seems to be thickening. (Probably no more than 1 cup.) I never measure the "extra" sugar. I just add until it looks like it may be thickening.
- Boil sugar and water until it passes the "water test".
- THE WATER TEST: With a spoon take a few drops of your sugar and water(syrup) and let it drip into the glass of cold water. If the syrup gets hard before it reaches the bottom of the glass and forms a solid drop in the bottom it has passed the test and is ready to be mixed. If it mixes in with the cold water, it needs to boil longer. Just keep testing it every few minutes. If its been boiling a while and still doesnt get hard, add more sugar to the boiling water until it passes the test.
- Meanwhile, while you are waiting on your water to become syrup, put the peanut butter into a med bowl. If you use a glass bowl cleanup will be easier. Also, if you microwave the peanut butter for 30 seconds or so, it will be easier to mix.
- When your syrup is done QUICKLY (but CAREFULLY) pour it into the bowl with the peanut butter. Mix by hand with a spoon until mixed well. Drop by spoonfulls onto parchment paper and allow to cool in fridge.
- NOTE: Be extremely careful when pouring the syrup! If this stuff get on you while it is hot it is like hot glue!