Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great meatloaf, nice and juicy, the best I have ever had!
- 1 lb thawed ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal (plain of course)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 (400 if you want in 30 minutes).
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form an oval shape, and place in baking dish, either 8 by 8, or if larger family, 9 by 13.
- Cook for 50 minutes, until center is no longer pink.
This is just how I usually make meatloaf, except for the worcestershire. It's perfect for those of us who want a plain meatloaf without a glaze for whatever reason. In my case it's kids. The oatmeal keeps the meatloaf moist without adding salt. The only change I made was to add dried onion crumbled up for a bit of onion flavour. Thank you for posting, Heather.
I made this meatloaf for my picky husband and it was the best he had ever had. I added some garlic & onion powder to it and it made it even better.