Rock Lobstah's Note:
We usually bake a turkey and a ham for holidays, since my family is so large. Since there's already so much meat in the menu, my mother made this stuffing without the sausage in it. Since then, it is my mom's job to make this stuffing for all our holiday gatherings. (We usually cut the celery and onion using a food processor. Saves a bunch of time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven as directed for cornbread.
- 2Combine cornbread mix, eggs, and milk in a bowl until well blended. Bake in a roasting pan as directed, about 25-30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 3Chop onion and celery while cornbread is cooking.
- 4When the cornbread is cooled, crumble it and stir in celery and onions. Add salt, pepper and sage to taste, making it a TINY BIT stronger than you would like, because the chicken broth will water it down a bit and mute the spiciness. (We usually start with about 2 T of each, and maybe 1 T more of sage, because everyone ion my family loves it)
- 5Pour chicken broth evenly over cornbread mixture, and stir till every last bit is wet. You may need to add more or less chicken broth to suit your palate.
- 6Smooth top of stuffing with a spatula, and bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees, until top is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Momma's Meatless Cornbread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.6
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 1694.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g