Recipe by GingerlyJ
My mom made this Manacotti during special occasions. I use my homeade red sauce but if you are short on time you can always use Jarred
- 12 pasta, tubes
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups roasted pine nuts
- 3 cups pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cooked italian sausage
- 1 diced orange bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta tubes til al dente.
- In one bowl mix Cheeses, seasoning egg and pine nuts.
- In another bowl mix sauce and water.
- In a skillet sautee sausage with pepper onion and garlic and mx into sauce.
- With a pastry bag stuff each tube with cheese mix and lay in a roaster. pour sauce with meat mix over tubes.
- Top with mozzerella cheese.
- bake for 1 hour on 350.