Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was a favorite when growing up. My children & grandchildren love them too.
- 1 lemon cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 package lemon frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine 1 egg, melted oleo& cake mix with fork.
- Pat into 13"x9" pan- grease bottom only.
- Blend icing mix with cream cheese.
- (save 1/2 Cup of this mix).
- Add 2 eggs to icing mix& beat 3-5 minutes.
- Spread over cake mix.
- Bake 30- 40 minutes.
- Cool& ice with 1/2 cup icing mix.
- Cut into squares& serve.