Recipe by MOMMABAKESWITHLOVE
This was a lemon bar recipe I found in a church cookbook, but modified it a little to include raspberries and mulberries. It was a big hit with my family! You can use butter or margarine. If you don't have mulberries on hand just use all raspberries, or substitute other berries. The addition of the juice into the batter gives it a little added flavor.
Top Review by Julie_Rushton
This is a great recipe. I used only frozen blackberries and it turned out perfectly. I wasn't so sure about adding the juice to the filling as it turned an unappetizing color. The taste, however, changed my mind. Delicious! To make it more beautiful :) I might experiment with adding more berries and more juice.
for the crust you need
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
For the filling you need
- 2 1⁄8 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup frozen raspberries (thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup frozen mulberries (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons berry juice (unsweetened from the thawed berries)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl mix crust ingredients.
- Press into a jelly roll pan.
- Bake crust at 350°F for 12 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, baking powder; mix well.
- To the flour mixture add eggs, lemon juice, and berry juice; mix well.
- Gently fold in berries,.
- Pour the batter over the crust.
- Bake in 350°F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes just until the top begins to turn light golden.