Recipe by Acceptance
Not sure where it originated and some on here close - but no cigar to this! While I'm told it is good cold, it never lasted long enough to find out...I'm sure you'll have the same issue. It's one-bowl, quick and easy!
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail in heavy syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar, white
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the fruit, beating the juice with the egg till creamy.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in the fruit.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8 inch pan. Top with nuts and brown sugar.
- Bake for 35 minute at 350.
- Serve with dollops of fresh whipped cream.