Recipe by barefootmommawv
Yummy fried venison that our whole family enjoys.
Top Review by KateL
Good and simple, although we thought it would benefit from the addition of either garlic, bay leaf, red pepper flakes, or Italian seasoning to add another dimension. After an hour of simmering, our meat was done more than we prefer -- we like our venison medium-rare for best taste. Used top quality Sika deer. Thanks for posting this recipe, barefootmommawv. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
- 2 lbs deer, cut into serving size pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 stalk celery
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salt and pepper with flour and coat meat with it. Heat bacon grease in heavy skillet. Brown meat on both sides.
- Cut up celery and add to skillet along with onions. Brown lightly; add Worcestershire sauce and the 2 cup tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer 1 to 2 hours until tender.
- Serve over cooked noodles.