Momma Kate's Note:
These are my all-time favorite cookies. I grew up making them with my mom, and now I am making them for my kids. They are great as they can be made gluten-free if you use GF oats, or are tolerant to regular oatmeal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/8 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup shortening (can use up to 1/4 cup margarine)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups quick oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 lb M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cream shortening and sugars together.
- 3Add eggs, peanut butter and vanilla, mix well.
- 4Mix in quick oats, baking soda and salt, mix well.
- 5Stir in M and Ms, chocolate chips and nuts.
- 6Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls (or by rounded tablespoonfuls for extra large cookies) on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 7Bake for 13 minutes for softer cookies and 14-15 minutes for crisper cookies.
- 8Remove to wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Momma's Favorite Monster Cookies (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (1698 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.8
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 122.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g