Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Beat eggs and sugar together and then add the milk slowly--beat. Add the dry ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into a funnel and at the same time, use your finger to plug the hole. In a large cast iron pot, add 2 inches of oil to the bottom.
- When the oil becomes hot, move your hand over the pot and slowly release your finger so the batter can start cooking.
- Move the funnel around to make designs.
- Brown on both sides--then immediately remove and drain extremely well.
- Top with brown sugar, or honey, or cinnamon sugar, or powdered sugar as a topping.
- BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT GET BURNED!
Now this was just FUN!! Fantastic recipe...tasted like I was at the fair. Kids went NUTS over them and were begging for more! Very easy to make. Next time I think I will go all the way and make lemon shake ups too!! Only problem I had was my funnel opening was too small for the batter...but we compromised and used something else. They still turned out great!! (I will be buying a bigger funnel though!!) Thanks for the great recipe :)
This funnel cake was so delicious. Put it in my cookbook. My family loved this. Thanks for a wonderful recipe.
This is a great recipe, its small, quick and tastes great.