Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
There really is no better chicken noodle soup. Its pure comfort, I swear it'll cure anything you have. You could use chicken breasts to cut back on some fat, but make sure it doesn't dry out. In general, chicken thighs don't dry out and give a wonderful flavor.
- Heat 2 tbs. in large stock pot.
- Brown chicken thighs, skin down first, in pan in batches until all are brown.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in pot.
- Add onions, carrots, celary & seasoning.
- Saute 5-10 minutes.
- Last minute or two add garlic.
- When garlic is fragrent, add browned chicken thighs.
- Fill with enouch water to cover chicken & veggies.
- Add bouillon cubes.
- Cover and let simmer about an hour to an hour and a half.
- Remove from heat and remove chicken thighs, cool.
- When chicken is cool enough to work with, remove skin and shred chicken.
- Add chicken to broth and bring to boil.
- Add noodles.
- When noodles are done, enjoy!
- Serve with some nice crusty bread.
Delicious soup. I have never put oregano in my chicken noodle soup before and it was a nice addition. To save a hair on the fat I threw the veggies in the pot with the chicken before it was almost done. I am crazy and always debone hte chicken while still hot so they did not overcook. I can't decide if I like it the pure way just soup to be savored, or like my childhood comfort food: with saltines smashed in it. Perfect for this time of year whichever way it is served.