It's nice and easy to chuck chicken nuggets, goujons or breaded steaks into the oven from the freezer for the kid's tea, but the processed chicken and high fat coatings are hardly a perfect diet for the children, so why not make your own? Quick and easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips, or chunkier pieces, depending on whether you want goujons or nuggets.
- 2Lightly, lightly, lightly coat the pieces with margarine.
- 3Put the breadcrumbs in a bowl. Put each chicken piece into the bowl, turning to coat the whole piece.
- 4Once all pieces are covered, spray a pan with the low fat cooking spray and fry the chicken pieces for 5-8 minutes, turning them often, until thoroughly cooked.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Momma's Chicken Goujons (Or Nuggets...)
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1140.7
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 1688.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 57.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cooking spray