Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make pound cake-like cornbread. The cornbread actually holds together--it's not so crumbly.
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 4 egg whites (or 2 whole eggs)
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream (I use fat free)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 8x8-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray oil.
- In a large mixing bowl add contents of both Jiffy corn muffin mixes.
- Add egg whites, sour cream, milk and dry minced onions.
- Blend ingredients with a whisk.
- Pour mixture into greased 8x8-inch glass baking pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
I was looking for something different to do with my boxes of Jiffy cornbread and came across this recipe. I was not dissappointed! This turned out nice and moist and you are right it is less crumbly, which was great! I loved the slight taste of onion and the sweetnest was right on for our tastes. Thanks for posting this.