Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make pound cake-like cornbread. The cornbread actually holds together--it's not so crumbly.
Make and share this Momma's Best Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 8x8-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray oil.
- In a large mixing bowl add contents of both Jiffy corn muffin mixes.
- Add egg whites, sour cream, milk and dry minced onions.
- Blend ingredients with a whisk.
- Pour mixture into greased 8x8-inch glass baking pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
I was looking for something different to do with my boxes of Jiffy cornbread and came across this recipe. I was not dissappointed! This turned out nice and moist and you are right it is less crumbly, which was great! I loved the slight taste of onion and the sweetnest was right on for our tastes. Thanks for posting this.